PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Friday, April 15, 2005

Another good one for lurkers

I got to New Haven last night and had the fun of taking Melina out to a Thai restaurant and chuckling with her over the way she's having to field questions from generations of flaky Slavs who have waited to the last minute to ask "is there a babysitter for my kids?" "is there a place for me to stay?" "do I really need to have a black skirt?" and "where are we meeting, again?"

Today we'll be making many signs to leave around campus for lost wandering Slavs who can't remember where the first rehearsal is. We'll be picking up "merchandise" (Slav t-shirts) and drink, and xeroxes for people who forget their music.

In the mean time ...

The Thought Project by Simon Hogsberg. He writes:
"Over a period of 3 months I stopped 150 strangers on the street and asked them what they where thinking about the second before I stopped them. Using a mic and a dictaphone I recorded what they told me, then took a picture of them. The interviews took place in Copenhagen, Denmark and New York City."
Extremely satisfying.

1 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Thanks for sharing, Melinama. That's a really intriguing site - great photos, and interesting thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home