PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Friday, May 30, 2014

At my house, the fox wins. In this song, Bold Reynard the Fox loses!

Two dawns ago, Ezra's dog Julius starting making a very weird, loud, agitated crooning shrieking noise. Ez ran out to see a fox loping away from the coop with a chicken in its mouth. Turns out it (with or without friends) got four chickens that morning, this one was the last. It's the last straw, I've lost too many chickens to predators in these recent years. I'm giving up, and I really, really love keeping chickens so the decision was a terrible one. Anyway, in vicarious vengeance I post this wonderful song about a rather dreadful custom and I don't want to hear any guff about it. Learned from the singing of the wonderful Bob Fox a long, long time ago, and recorded with pianist Jacqueline Schwab and bassist Robbie Link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home