PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hector: Jethro the donkey's side-kick

two donkeysPicture from Hector's first escape. We figured out he's sucking in his gut and slipping through a gap in the fence (Marco watched with binoculars while Ez led Jethro away - we watched Hector rev into high gear to get back to the herd, ie Jethro).


stubborn little donkeyAs I was told by the guy who sold Hector to me, he does not "get it" about being led - I had to pull him all the way around the block. But if I take Jethro for a walk Hector trots alongside quite happily. Most of the time.

Because he only stays with us "most of the time," I have to put the halter on him. These pictures are from when I was taking a rest from hauling him around the neighborhood. Don't laugh.

shaggy little brown donkey

fuzzy small donkey

stubborn little donkey

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Blogger novelera said...

Thanks for all the great January posts, Jane. I love the donkey posts so much. I hope to watch the videos of your group performing after everyone else leaves me alone in the office!

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Shaer and Chris said...

I found your website when my husband and I decided to get a couple of donkeys for pets. I not only have learned so much but have loved all your blogs! Please, please, please keep writing. (Better yet, write a book!!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home