PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

In which Ezra, Superman, Jethro and I explore our new domain

Quite a few years ago I was unsuccessfully sued by the owner of this piece of land-locked land which abuts my property - he wanted to put a driveway from his place onto my driveway so he could develop this parcel.

He was an extremely elderly African American man who told me his grandmother had received the property after the Civil War and that she had never had road access to it - she walked in along the railroad tracks.

His son had the land logged a few years ago, and this week he called me and offered the property at a very good price, so I bought it.

Today Ez and I took Superman and Jethro on a tour. We found the foundation and hitched the equids to trees so we could explore it (Jethro immediately tied himself in knots around hist tree). We admired the chimney of the grandmother's cabin, and some rusted pots that might have been hers.

In all, we found four deer stands (one of which had many apples and handfuls of corn strewn around it, immediately gobbled by our companions). Also rusted things that have been used as target practice and a 4-wheeler trail.




















1 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger pete said...

Good For you...BTW.. love the cd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home