PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Monday, February 02, 2009

The Toddler's Creed

The Toddler's Creed was composed by T. Berry Brazelton and I've had a newspaper clipping of it on my wall for a quarter century. I decided to paint it yesterday, it took a ridiculous amount of time.
  • If I want it, it's mine.
  • If I give it to you and change my mind later, it's mine.
  • If I can take it away from you, it's mine.
  • If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
  • If it's mine, it will never belong to anybody else, no matter what.
  • If we are building something together, all the pieces are mine.
  • If it looks just like mine, it is mine.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i always thought the toddlers creed was an "unknown author" perhaps your composer made a duplicate or wrote it forgetting about the unknown author part..

i love the creed! and it fits so well into the lives of my 17month old twin daughters.....

God Bless

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I call it "the American Creed".
(....or Greed)
~Dee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home