PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Truth in advertising? Place your bets.

I ordered these Maximilian sunflower seeds from ebay (grocoseeds.com) and they arrived yesterday. I had been intrigued by the description: 235 seeds. How did they know, did somebody count them?

They arrived yesterday. Here are some nice closeups of the bag (as always, click on image for a larger view). I do not, myself, believe this can actually be 235 seeds.

I had a dinner guest over last night and I almost suggested that, as a sort of parlor game, we count them, but I thought it might be a bit too eccentric.

However, I fully intend to count them myself.

Which means YOU can guess how many there are. How many Maximilian sunflower seeds do you think I actually got?

Leave your answer in the comments. Winner (if anybody bothers to guess) will receive a free Pratie Heads cd.

11 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I'm going to say 111. Sure doesn't look like double that...

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be optimistic. 200. :)

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm gonna say 149.

Edgar

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Michael Gilleland said...

208

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

220

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

127

Mike

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Cap'n Sylvia Sharkbait said...

237, because I'm too trusting, and if it were me selling the seeds I would throw in an extra one just in case I'd mis-counted.

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I guess twice? :-P

I'm revising my guess to 250.

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

200

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll guess 185. I expect I'm within about a 60% margin of error there.

Laurel

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Alma said...

I think the seller would more likely overcompensate a bit than to try to short you... otherwise, wouldn't they have all kinds of negative comments about them in the feedback section? That wouldn't be good for business!

I'll guess 240.

Ever the optimist, Alma.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home