PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Monday, December 25, 2006

shalt thou not get the stuff you want, want the stuff you get

Remember the woot-off? Here's another odd one - this morning, for about ten minutes, Woot had 3000 bags of "Random Stuff" (stuff is not their word but I don't like their word) for sale. One dollar, plus five dollars shipping. The wooters were there, 1:00 am. By 1:14 it was sold out, they were devastated (except for the lucky 3,000). Here is the warning Woot published and I like it for life in general too.

THE HOLY STUFF COMMANDMENTS v 2.0:

I. Thou shalt expect nothing beyond one bag of some kind and your chosen quantity of crummy items (which should be THREE).

II. Thou shalt not whine and complain when some people’s stuff turns out to be nicer than yours.

III. Thou shalt take a moment to consider whether you might be better off just not buying this stuff.

IV. Thou shalt not order just one stuff and blame it on anything but your own inattention.

V. To paraphrase Stephen Stills, shalt thou not get the stuff you want, want the stuff you get.

Warranty: you wish

Features:
* 1 (one) bag
* Some (some) stuff

Technorati Tags: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To clarify, since you are supposed to by three of the [items], there are technically 1000 bags available, not 3000. I was one of the disappointed. I got as far as the "buy it" button at the end of the purchase process, and it sold out while my browser kept cycling.

Closest I ever got to Teh Cred(tm). Oh well. I suppose I could shop at Big Lots tomorrow and make my own.

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing how they can make a bag-o-crap so desirable. Man, I want one bad!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home