PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Monday, September 26, 2005

Walnuts and Pumpkins

Here is an excellent story I saw on Pearl's interesting Humanyms site:
One hot day, Nasruddin was taking it easy in the shade of a walnut tree. After a time, he started eying speculatively the huge pumpkins growing on vines and the small walnuts growing on a majestic tree.

- Sometimes I just can’t understand the ways of God! he mused. Just fancy letting tiny walnuts grow on so majestic a tree and huge pumpkins on the delicate vines!

Just then a walnut snapped off and fell smack on Mullah Nasruddin’s bald head. He got up at once and lifting up his hands and face to heavens in supplication, said:

- Oh, my God! Forgive my questioning your ways! You are all-wise. Where would I have been now, if pumpkins grew on trees!


Technorati Tags: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Ash Karreau said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home