PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Seen at Sky Meadow

I'm going to keep posting pictures from my recent trip to Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine as part of the Village Harmony Travel Camp #2 (24 teenagers, 3 adults, hundreds and hundreds of hours of singing).

We spent our first week rehearsing about seven hours a day at "Sky Meadow" Buddhist retreat center in the Northeast Kingdom (almost all the way to Canada!).

Vermonters really don't like getting messed with so they vote down lots of things, including cellphone towers. Most of the state does not have coverage, therefore. There was only one place at our retreat center where one could get a cellphone signal. Climb the narrow path between the tiny pond and the dwarf's gazebo:



And enjoy the view while making your phone call. My cellphone got so hot, straining to pick up the signal, that it burned my ear, and the phone's display was permanently blackened. It also killed the battery. I'm going to have to get a new phone now...



The next two pictures are of Flagg Pond, down the road a bit:





I woke up at 5 every morning and walked to this pond, flapping my arms constantly to keep the mosquitoes away.

2 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your post. I'm putting a link to it up on my blog, meditatenyc.org. Thanks!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Natsthename said...

How lovely!
I laughed at the flapping arms, though. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home