PRATIE PLACE

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Great shoes in Tokyo

Forty pairs of shoes designed by 18 Israeli artists, industrial designers, and fashion designers. "The visitors are invited to add their shoes to the exhibition." Following which, I guess you get to go out shoe shopping. At Hanan Levin's growabrain is. Why just yesterday, among many other excellent things, Hanan directed us to:

1. Forty pairs of shoes designed by 18 Israeli artists, industrial designers, and fashion designers. At designboom. "The visitors are invited to add their shoes to the exhibition."

Following which, I guess you get to go out shoe shopping.

2. How to tie your tie properly. I'm sending this one to my son Zed post-haste - there's even a movie on tying the "Windsor."

A history of the Spirella Corset in England, with excellent pictures. I remember ladies like this, stiff as blocks of wood. Perhaps it would have been better if they had simply tried to lay off those plates of little cucumber and mayonnaise sandwiches with the crusts cut off.


Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Badaunt said...

Shoe shopping in Japan is hell for foreigners, unless you have very small feet. I can get shoes in my size, but only just, and not always in the styles I want.

Bras are also difficult. Japanese women are narrow across the chest, so that you might be able to find your cup size, but to get something that fits around you end up with old lady styles. :-(

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger kenju said...

I can remember seeing bra and girdle contraptions like that in my grandmothers house. I'd rather go braless than to have to truss up in something like that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home